We just finished helping a family with clothes and other needed items. It was emotional for everyone. Now, when I say we, I don't mean just my wife and I, that would be missing the mark about what we are doing. While my wife and I get the immediate thank yous, and the satisfaction of knowing we have maybe brought a little ray of hope into someone's life, it shouldn't end there. Everyone who has helped, to the people who donate clothes, to those who have helped sort or those who have donated money that help us keep going, or those who just mention our name as a place that can help. Even those who just say thank you, that keeps us doing this. Hundreds have made this possible. We wouldn't even ave a place to do this if it weren't for Faith Lutheran believing in our crazy idea.
You all deserve the thank you's and accolades. We act as the conduit, the path that helps good deeds find those who need it, nothing more. Just as donations come in and we pass those along, the path needs to go both ways, and the gratitude we receive has to come back to those who have made all this possible.
Saying thank you seems so...inadequate, but, thank you.
-Troy Hiser
No comments:
Post a Comment